- Reference: RBP2030
- Year: 1944
- Length: 44ft 13m
Alkira 1944 Classic Motor Cruiser
A superb vessel.
“Alkira” was built for the Australian Navy to a design by Bert Swinfield in 1944, one of some 200 40 foot workboats, originally she was designated AWB432. She was sold to a private owner in 1973 who converted her to a recreational vessel and extended the hull to 44 ft. The current owner purchased in 1998. She has since undergone three significant refits that have changed the vessel into one of the most desirable vessels in Australia. In the most recent refit, the original Gray Marine diesel was changed for a new John Deere 6068 225hp, the interior was refitted, the hull was renovated, faired and fully glassed by Millkraft, one of Brisbane most highly regarded firms of shipwrights, the electronics and other equipment was upgraded and stabilisers were installed. The result was a newer, more reliable, quieter and more efficient vessel.
“Alkira” has been featured in “Classic Moreton Bay Cruisers”, the definitive publication of Queenlands most superior Classic vessels and on the website
The hull presents in immaculate condition and is a first class example of the boatbuilders art. It is often mistaken for a much newer, fibreglass vessel.
This is a vessel of the highest standard that will suit the most discerning of buyers.
On water video and drone footage is available as well as a “walk thru” video. Please call for detailed inventory and further details. Inspections by private appointment only please.
For "walk around" video For on water and drone footage
Features and Equipment of this vessel include:
- John Deere 225hp 6068 Marine Diesel
- Fischer Panda 6kva generator
- Air conditioned – Cruise Air system
- NAIAD hydraulic stabilisers
- Stainless steel fuel and water tanks, manifold system for distribution
- Electric windlass, stainless anchor, excellent ground tackle
- Bow and Stern thrusters
- Excellent battery and charging systems, 8 by T105 Trojan 6volt plus 3 by 1000CCA start batteries
- Inverter and chargers
- Engine fire fighting system
- Garmin 5102 GPS, Interphase forward looking sonar system, AP4 autopilot, Garmin radar, Icom VHF, 27mhz, Globius tank monitoring system
- Village Marine desalinator
- Broadwater gas stove with grill and oven, microwave, top loading eutectic fridge and freezer (both large)
- Superb paint finish
- Superior all around shade covers
- Custom davits with electric winches
- Fold up swim platform
- Premium alloy bottom RIB with 15hp outboard
- Full suite safety equipment
- Premium toilet with holding tank
- Excellent service history – all refits, services, renovations fully documented
- Inspections by appointment please
Call for full details and inventory or to make an appointment to view. We are open Monday to Saturday with all inspections by prior appointment. Please call to make a time or to receive a detailed inventory and other information.