- Reference: RBS632
- Year: 1990
- Length: 12.24m 40ft
Farr 1220 MKII Cruising Yacht
One of the best examples ever of a Farr 1220, a rare find in the second hand market anytime. Also one of the best examples that all yachts are not created equal. This vessel was conceived by the talents of Bruce Farr and built to New Zealands strict commercial survey requirements by Sea Nymph Boats, the premium builder of Farr 1220's for Bruce Farr and the owner of Sea Nymph as their personal vessel. As you can imagine the build quality and fitout is excellent. Sea Dancer later had keel modifications made adding 250k in a bulb and increasing the keel bolt system strength. She has since cruised the East coast of Australia and to New Caledonia and Vanuatu.
Farr 1220's are renown for being fast, comfortable sea kindly hulls that are a pleasure to sail. They are a robust, go anywhere boat - vastly different from the many mass produced plastic fantastics offered everywhere. This is a vessel for an owner who appreciates the refinement of the design and the craftsmanship of the builder and who understands that quality boats stand the test of time and in the end, represent far greater value for money.
There are numerous online reviews and commentary on the "legendary" 1220 hull, do your research then give us a call to have a look at the best one built and the only one currently available in Australia.
Features and Equipment of this vessel include:
- Originally built to NZ survey but never in commercial use
- Volvo 40hp saildrive diesel and 3 blade folding propellor
- Standing rigging replaced and rig overhauled 2011
- 8 Barient self tailing winches
- Custom targa bar with solar and davits
- Cobra wheel steering
- Quality ground tackle with windlass 35lb CQR and 20lb Delta anchors
- Raytheon C90 wide GPS, autopilot, 24 mile radar, wind instruments, VHF and HF JRC radio with autotuner
- 3 cabin layout with 2 double aft cabins
- Full U shaped galley with oven, eutectic fridge and freezer
- Near new inflatable with Honda outboard, new Sept 17
- Zodiac 6 man liferaft
- New Spinlock jammers
- Profurl headsail furler
- Full battened mainsail, 3 #1 genoas, #2, #3 headsails, 1.5 oz spinnaker. Assym MPS cruising spinnaker, trysail and storm jib